When did the world become boring? 

When was the last time you stopped and smelled the roses? If you’re like most people in the world, it’s probably been a while. Why is that, though? We live on a beautiful planet that has so much to offer us, yet we look to outside, man-made things to keep us entertained. We listen to music, watch movies, etc. when all the while, we live a movie each day. 

As kids, everything is so amazing to us. Every tree, every dog, every rock…is just so awesome. Then we hit this age where “once you’ve seen one, you’ve seen em all” and it is so untrue. You may have the same routine each day, but the world around you is different than it was the day before. 

The next time you leave your house and lock your door, try to feel the world around you and compare it to the next day. I guarantee you it will not be the same. Differences can be anything from the weather, to a type of birdsong you hear. Feel the wind against your skin, listen to the sounds, and be aware of the world around you vs the world you created (your schedule/routine).

Don’t think. It will be very difficult. We’ve been programmed to analyze and correlate information, but only 2% of our brains (about 2 tablespoons of matter) for this type of reasoning. The other 98%, the part we think we don’t use, is completely opposite and not linear. This is where our intuition lies. We see a tree and our brain says “yeah, ok tree…move along”. We have to take it a step further and bring our awareness to the tree to really experience it. The smells, the sounds, how it moves, etc. 

If you’re anything like me, you have a disdain for the hamster wheel, but you’re in it to survive. You may feel like a prisoner of time, even. From your doorstep to your car each day, or aaaany time you want, really experience the world around you and jump out of that wheel. Even if it’s only for five minutes. I guarantee you will see a difference in your mood and attitude. 

5 thoughts on “When did the world become boring? 

  1. It’s really horrible in that situation when world becomes boring. Great thought and nicely written. Thanks for sharing. Want to thank you again for following Tune Up Success .keep blogging will definitely be on touch always.


  2. Well said. As long as there are flowers (especially roses) and birds, I shall never be bored. One day the squirrel comes to visit, the next day a yellow butterfly, and the next a cardinal in all his glory. Can’t wait to see who visits tomorrow!


  3. Boredom comes with having everything enough, later it is more boring when somebody becomes wealthy. After a while such person doesn’t know what else to do, what else to try because they have material things, but they never learned that having it all was never having all the money, properties and even jobs. That is rather artistic and spiritual freedom, feeling of being able to take off like a bird and travel anywhere in one’s mind. Boredom shows that somebody did not do their homework and their goals and ways to achieve them are somewhat shallow and most often based on social opinion about what is good and what is excellent. Therefore, many people end up feeling emptiness where they hoped to find abundance. Art is a fantastic escape. Not only for artists, but also those who want to try being creative.
    Since I’ve been in medical research for more than 30 years, I am writing about other things which is not art in my secondary blog https://inesepogalifeschool.com/
    I love philosophy, especially the one that is applicable and widely used by most smart people.

    Liked by 1 person

Speak your mind...

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s